Are You So Focused on Retirement You’re Missing Out on Life?
Mary and Pete saved every penny for retirement. They never went on vacations, they rarely went out to...
Social Security News: Coronavirus-Related Medicare Scam Alert
Since older Americans are particularly vulnerable to coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to remind...
Salute to a Veteran: Her Hospital Train Leaped the Tracks and Turned Over in the Middle of the Night
Since 2000, 50plus LIFE (previously Senior News and 50plus Senior News) has won more than 130...
Service Stories: How Did an Antiwar Quaker End Up in South Vietnam?
The Vietnam War was one of the most polarizing events in American history. While some young men...
Savvy Senior: RV Travel Tips in the Summer of COVID
Dear Savvy Senior, Can you write a column on RV travel for novices? My husband and I have been...
Traveltizers: Lost and Found in Rural America
I was looking for cows when I saw my first barn quilt.
Senior Games Returning to Lebanon County
- Written by Megan Joyce Megan Joyce
- Category: Events and Reviews Events and Reviews
- Published: 13 May 2019 13 May 2019
Lebanon County athletes over age 50 are encouraged to sign up for the 34th annual Lebanon County Senior Games, to be held May 13–17 at various area locations.
Begun in 1985, the Senior Games promote healthy lifestyles and physical fitness in the county’s senior population.
The annual event also provides a forum for older adults to compete with peers and be recognized for their athletic achievements, according to the Senior Games’ webpage (www.lebanonymca.org/2019/04/34th-annual-senior-games).
Participants may register in an unlimited number of events, and gold, silver, and bronze medals will be awarded for all events, with some also awarding medals in subdivided age groups.
The deadline for registration is May 8 and requires a fee of $15, which includes a t-shirt, awards, and refreshments.
Any cancelations must occur before the registration deadline to receive a full refund. Registration forms can be obtained at www.lebanonymca.org or by calling (717) 273-2691.
Forms and entry fees should be returned to Lebanon Valley Family YMCA, c/o Darin Pickles, 201 N. Seventh St., Lebanon, PA 17046.
The 2019 Lebanon County Senior Games schedule of events is:
Monday, May 13
• Table Tennis – 10 a.m. at the YMCA on Seventh Street
• 100-Meter Swim – 11 a.m. at the YMCA on Seventh Street
• Pickleball – 1 p.m. at the YMCA on Seventh Street
Tuesday, May 14
• 1.5-Mile Walk – 8 a.m. at Myerstown Fairlane Park
• Bocce Ball – 9:30 a.m. at Myerstown Fairlane Park
• Disc Golf – 1 p.m. at Myerstown Fairlane Park
Wednesday, May 15
• Miniature Golf – 9 a.m. at Yogey’s Miniature Golf Course
• Pickleball, Male Doubles – 1:30 p.m. at the YMCA on Seventh Street
Thursday, May 16
• Cornhole – 9 a.m. at the YMCA on Seventh Street
• Billiards – 10:30 a.m. at the YMCA on Seventh Street
• Pickleball, Female Doubles B (Intermediate) – 11 a.m. at the YMCA on Seventh Street
• Pickleball, Female Doubles A (Advanced) – 1 p.m. at the YMCA on Seventh Street
Friday, May 17
• Basketball Foul Shooting – 8:30 a.m. at AES Ironwood Park
• Softball Throw – 9:30 a.m. at AES Ironwood Park
• Horseshoes – 10:30 a.m. at AES Ironwood Park
Wednesday, May 29
• Senior Health and Fitness Day Picnic and Award Ceremony – 9 a.m. at South Hills Park
Sponsors for the 2019 Lebanon Senior Games include Aetna Coventry, Community Health Council of Lebanon County 50+ Festival, Juniper Village, Lebanon County Area Agency on Aging, WellSpan Good Samaritan Hospital, Lebanon Valley Family YMCA, and 50plus LIFE.