It’s not too late to “Sock It To Us!” No one should live with cold feet this winter. No child. No adult.
Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) of the Capital Region wants to eliminate this problem for many of the residents of York County through “Sock It To Us!”, a statewide signature project of Senior Corps of Pennsylvania.
New socks, scarves, gloves, or hats for any age child or adult can be deposited at any of the following drop-off sites by Oct. 31:
• Windy Hill Senior Center, 1472 Roth’s Church Road, Suite 103, Spring Grove
• State Farm, 2241 W. Market St., York
• White Rose Senior Center, 27 S. Broad St., Suite 1, York
• Visiting Nurses Association of Hanover & Spring Grove, 440 N. Madison St., Hanover
• TrueNorth Wellness Services, 1195 Roosevelt Ave. (Old State Police Barracks), York
• TrueNorth Wellness Services, 73 E. Forrest Ave., Suite 312, Shrewsbury
Just look for the “Sock It To Us!” sign and bin.
All items go to residents of the York County. Donations will be made to the following organizations and schools for distribution to those most in need:
• Hanover Council of Churches
• LifePath Christian Ministries
• York Housing Authority
• Various other organizations who work with people in need
For large donations or more information on drop-off sites or volunteer opportunities, call RSVP’s York County office at (443) 619-3842 or the statewide Senior Corps of Pennsylvania hotline at (800) 870-2616.